Monday, February 18, 2013

Menu Plan Feb. 18





Here's are some of the meals we had the past 2 weeks:

Freezer Crockpot Chinese Chicken with Rice

Italian Chicken and Veggies:  This was really good, we all ate it.


10 Minute Baked Ziti:  This was pretty good. Sophie liked it but Logan wouldn't eat it.  We also had some leftover pizza and cheesy bread so that may have been the problem.  It made a lot, really too much for us, so I will half it next time.  It might freeze okay but I'm not really that experimental.  The prep was only 10 minutes but it did have to bake an hour.



10 Minute Spicy Chicken Thighs:  I rarely use bone-in chicken but these were pretty easy.  I really liked them and so did Logan. I thought Sophie would love the crispy skin but she thought it was too spicy.  The recipe called for Old Bay seasoning which I thought I had but what I found in the pantry was actually Chachere's Creole Seasoning.


Lemon Salmon: I was sure the kids would like this but only Logan ate it.  It really kind of irritated me that Sophie wouldn't even try it since earlier in the day she ate a dog biscuit.  No, seriously, a dog biscuit!
Sessler Salads: Baby spinach, almonds, diced apples, bacon bits and mozzarella cheese topped with a vidalia onion vinaigrette.
Frozen Crockpot Fruit & Pork:  No one liked this, good thing we had leftover pizza to eat.
Parmesan Chicken Bake:  Grandpa came over to eat with us.  Both kids ate this up but the adults only thought it was "okay".

yogurt parfaits:  These were a huge hit.  I pulled out 2 flavors of yogurt, 2 fruits, and the box of granola.  I showed the kids how to layer everything then let them choose their own combinations.  We will definitely have these again.

 Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad:  Logan immediately started whining when I told him what we were having and it only escalated when he saw it.  I told both kids they needed to try a bite of the salad and one bite of avocado.  When I told Sophie she used to eat avocados when she was a baby, she had to go look through her baby scrapbooks for a picture.  She didn't eat anything except some cheese slices.  Guess it wasn't an eating day.  Logan tried the avocado but didn't like it.  But he loved the chicken salad.  What's that saying..."mama knows best"!  He had 2 servings then asked if I could make it for school lunches too.  As far as the recipe I didn't use any onions or tomatoes since I don't like them (so I doubled up the corn and beans).  I had Logan help me by crushing the corn chips.  I only used half an avocado since it was just me and kids.  I took a little of it that we didn't eat and added some salsa for Logan to try as guacamole.  He like chips and hot sauce so I thought it might work, but no go.  I liked how the salad had the chips crushed up so I took the extra and added it to my left of guacamole.  It was really good.  May try that the next time I make real guacamole.


I finally got smart and cooked some chicken breasts in the crockpot to have frozen for quick meals.  I just threw some fresh ones in the afternoon (although frozen would have also worked), then chopped up some and diced some.  I kept out 2 cups in the fridge to use in the chicken salad and froze the rest in 2 cups servings for later.

Here's what we are planning for this week:
Monday:  Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
Tuesday: Freezer Crockpot Meal
Wednesday: Maw Susan's Salmon Patties
Thursday: Spaghetti and Sauce
Friday:  Tortilla Soup
Saturday: Dinner out to celebrate some family birthdays
Sunday:  CORN


Check out more menus at Organized Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment