Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WIWW February 20

First, the outfits:

#1:  This is what I wore on Valentine's day. I had initially chosen a turquoise top with pink cardigan but I didn't like how it looked with the brown cords so I switched to the red blouse.  I added the scarf because it had some pink in it and I wanted to wear the necklace Logan gave me for Valentine's Day.

 
 
 
 
#2:  This was a day spent mostly at home.  It was cold so I tried some extra layers.  The print top is a few years old and I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep it.  Although the pieces worked together I didn't like the final look, so that top is getting donated.



 
Outfit #3:  With my little ballerina.  I realized later in the day that I've worn this same outfit before.  If it had been earlier I would have at least switched the tank of put on different jeans.
 
Outfit #4:  It was a cold morning and we didn't have any plans so I went with comfort and warmth.  This sweater came with the scarf.

 
Outfit #5:  Paul and I had a cooking class (our Valentine's gift to each other).  I wanted to make sure I was comfortable.  This isn't a color combo I would normally do but I think it worked.
 
Outfit #6:  I found this top on clearance and thought it would be good for my new pants.  I like the sparkle but the top is a little tight and definitely doesn't hide anything.  I loved being able to wear my sparkly pink Toms.

 
Outfit #7:  Another casual day with me trying to incorporate some of the pieces I already have.  The gray cardigan is a little short but it was okay since the top was longer.  I decided to wear my new flamingo necklace Logan gave me.
 
 
Second, some thoughts:
  • Paul finally got to see some the outfits I've been wearing.  Because of his work schedule, he usually leaves before I get dressed and by the time he gets home I've switched into pj's.
  • When I'm out shopping I find myself looking for accessories to pair with things I already have.
  • I have probably spent more money on clothes and accessories this year than I have...ever!  I'm mostly kidding but I'm not one to buy lots of clothes so I guess I was due.
  • I'm also finding it easier to get rid of stuff.  I have tops that I've had for half a dozen years (or longer).  Most aren't holding up with the time so they are going.  I also donated a pair of jeans that didn't sit right on my waist and I was always hitching them up.  Decided it was time to quit dealing with that, maybe they will work with someone else's body.





 Check out other outfits at the Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment