Wednesday, January 9, 2013

MPM January 7



So I started 2013 sick, sick, sick.  I've been to the doctor twice, had an x-ray, steroid shot and 7 prescriptions.  I'm on the mend but it is slow going.  Needless to say last week's meals didn't happen.  I felt good to just get any food on the table for the kids and Paul worked late most nights so he just picked up something for himself.  My mother-in-law came to help and I only sent her home once I knew we had a pantry and fridge ready for the next several days of meal.  Oh, yeah, and our big freezer got turned off accidentally and I lost some food in it.  On the bright side, it needed to be defrosted and it wasn't full.  So new year means I get to restock and organize as I go.

Here was last week's plan:
  • Monday: Dinner Out for New Year's Eve
Dinner was great, as always.  We had the special cooking base this time and it was definitely worth the splurge.  We also had some champagne (and I am such a lightweight).
Although I was feeling bad, I did manage to make this with Paul's help.  It was pretty good and the kids seemed to like it too.



  • Friday:  Pasta, Sauce, and Salad
After feeling a little better, I managed to get one more meal made for the week.

The rest of the days consisted of sandwiches, soup, and fish sticks.  Paul also brought us Boston Market one night.  The first part of this week was the same with the added dinner of pizza delivery.  But now that I've had some reinforcements I'm ready to tackle the rest of the week, pulling from the meals we didn't get to last week.
  • Tuesday:  Beef and Broccoli Soup
This is what my mother-in-law made for us the first night.  I didn't think I would like it but it was really good.  i had some crouton-type bread that we got in a Christmas basket that was great in it.
  • Wednesday:  Fried Rice with Ham
This is the meal my mother-in-law left for us for dinner.  It was very good and there was plenty of leftovers for lunches.


I made this just last week (and I try not to repeat recipes too quickly) but it was really good so we'll have it again.  I think I'll try a new side like Honey Roasted Red Potatoes.  Forgot to get potatoes so it will probably be mac 'n cheese.
Another pinterest find.  I don't typically use whole chickens but I decided Logan loves chicken with bones so much I'd fix it for him.
Paul is starting his busy season so I decided Saturday's would be good for the crockpot.  This is a pinterest recipe and should be plenty so that we can leftovers Sunday and maybe even enough for Paul's lunch on Monday.
  • Sunday:  Leftovers/CORN
This is the day we Clean Out the Refrigerator Night (CORN).  If we don't have any leftovers then we'll have sandwiches and soup or breakfast for dinner.

Thankfully, Logan has been able to buy his lunch most days this week (stuff he likes) but now that I'm feeling better I'll be back to packing his lunch.  If I have the ingredients, I'll try out new lunch possibilities this weekend and then add them into the weekly menus if he likes them.  We haven't had any of the new smoothies, but we will after the next grocery run.  Hopefully, we'll find some we like and maybe even the kids too.




You can check out more menus at Organzing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. The fried rice sounds yummy. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete