Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIWW January 23

So, I wore a lot of the new stuff I bought last week, but did try to add some of my old stuff too.  (the outfits aren't in order by day, it's just how they downloaded.)

Outfit 1:  Church then lunch with the family
  • tank and cardigan from Old Navy
  • pants, rings and earrings from Target
  • boots from Payless
  • jade elephant necklace was a gift from the hubby and kids for Mothers Day





Outfit 2:  We spent the long weekend visiting my parents and my sister in East Texas.  Before we headed home we took the kids to a new park so I dressed comfortably and ready to play.
  • top and earrings from Target
  • jeans from Old Navy
  • sneakers from a running store


Outfit 3:  Shopping with Sophie Rose
  • cords, tank, cardigan, earrings, rings, and belt (from a dress) all from Target
  • boots from Payless
  • the necklace was the original setting in my engagement ring


Outfit 4: Girls Day Out with Sophie Rose
  • jeans from Old Navy
  • tank, top, and earrings from Target
  • necklace was a gift several years ago
  • gray quilted flats from Target


Outfit 5: Before we headed to East Texas, I took Sophie to her first dance lesson.  After having dinner with my parents, I headed to my sister's for some much needed sister-time.
  • top, pants, and shoes from Target
  • ring from Payless Shoe Source


Outfit 6: Took the kids to an indoor play park.  Logan had to take this picture for me.  There's no good place for me to do a self-photo.
  • jeans, tank, cardigan, and earrings from Target
  • boots and rings from Payless


Okay, so what did I learn this week?
  • I definitely feel better about myself when I take the extra time to actually get dressed in an "outfit" that includes jewelry.
  • I like having a "formula" for outfits. Pants+tank+top+non sneaker shoes+at least 4 pieces of jewelry=outfit.
  • My jewelry includes watch, my wedding set, earrings, plus necklace and/or bracelet.  I'm keeping my eyes open for earrings that are more of the "statement" type.  I did find a new necklace that I'll wear this next week.  But I tend to keep my necklaces to the sentimental ones that have been given to me as gifts.  I also have several bracelets that have some impact, unfortunately they don't always work when I'm wearing a cardigan.
  • I like the new boots but I won't be wearing them when I walk Logan home from school.
  • Since I walk Logan to school, I found it easier to just throw on something for the walk and then get ready after I got back home.  I also found that taking the time to get completely ready before I started the rest of my chores worked best.  If I don't I tend to skip stuff (like make-up or jewelry).
  • Although, some of the outfits were not what I would normally thought looked good (like green pants and blue tank, or teal pants and light green top), I figured the outfits still looked better than t-shirts and sneakers.
  • My kids noticed the difference.  Sophie loved my purple earrings, and kept telling the store clerks while we were shopping.
  • My 6-year old son takes better pictures then my hubby.
Check out more outfits and maybe find some inspiration at the Pleated Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment